Thursday, December 3, 2015

About dream.


About Dream.

Speaking of dream, some time my head just get a massive headache and feel sick when I get up, like I woke up with a hangover. Then some images brokenly shown up in mind, which are probably from my dream when I'm sleeping. Those are unreal,insubstantial,kind of illusory dreamland,containing surrealistic elements,possibly. Some of them express and associate with my daily life(as far as I can remember). The most impressive one that I've ever dreamed is a scene that my head turns into a furious monster,driving me to the ground,then it turns to dust.The image sticks in mind like a poison dart.



The picture shown above is a photography work by Silvia Grav, a female photographer from Madrid, Spain. Her surreal dreamy black and white images,photography works express beautiful,fascinating surrealistic dreamland by combining simple black and white and outstanding post production. Her works are impressive,attractive art work that expressed by many different materials. Classical digital art, I think.
Here're some other photography works.



The other artist that really impresses me with his works is Rodney Smith, a New York artist, photographer. His works kind of express "The modern times" in some interesting, vagarious way. Still based on black and white color style, but unlike Silvia Grav's noir,depressive photos, what his photography works express are more witty, humorous and active.























2 comments:

  1. GREAT post BIll,
    seems like some very interesting material and imagery to use for your work in class.
    btw, nice job with the biomorphic drawing today. Hope you can find some time to put the finishing touches on it. Have a great weekend - K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the surrealist photography and illustration you post! Especially the illustration, I can really tell how it influenced your drawing. But your post about surrealist painting is also informative, l think there is a lot of potential. You can take it as a reference and think about texture. The surrealist drawing you are doing is great, keep working!

    ReplyDelete