Tuesday, February 21, 2017

John Marin

Bill

Water color and landscape are two elements that I do not usually present in my art assembles, but John Marin's abstract painting of landscapes is really something that would take me to a new area. He is a early American modernist artist who is noted for his painting styles: he uses water color and acrylic to represent a very loose handling in his art pieces.

His landscape paintings are a assemblage of different shapes and little pieces that collage together; It's a bit childish when I took my first look at his art: incomplete shapes, loosen lines and weird composition, but I think this is the most attractive part of his painting when I looked closer. I really appreciate his representing of collage-like landscape painting; it's pretty much a bold attempt considered of his time. 

John Marin's artwork of Brooklyn Bridge:



No comments:

Post a Comment