Monday, October 31, 2016

Hollie Chastain

Bill
10-31-16

This is a talented self-taught artist who does collage illustration mainly for magazines, vintage book covers. Her creative collages inspire me in many ways and lit a spark in me to try to use a different way of expressing black and white. Her name is Hollie Chastain, a graphic designer before, but now a full-time innovative artist from Chattanooga, Tennessee.


The background color she uses for her majority of pieces to me is like a sort of emphasizing color which enhances the black and white photography. Also, the composition of these collages is really interesting, particularly the second one.

"I can see myself in the art that I create, and that builds a wall of confidence." She said so. Those two collages above capture my eye at first because of the triangle and the separated-human figure above. They look more like a draft, or the process of an artist's thinking.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment