Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Joan Miro

Bill
10-12-16
Every artistic masterpiece I have met in my life is a huge inspiration that motivates me to start something new, giving me a completely fresh eye to experiment with new techniques which I may have just learned.
The person through whose pieces I eventually developed a kind of personal style is Joan Miro, who's Spanish artist majoring in painting. His surrealism painting especially his very soft and fluent line work really catch my eyes at the first time I looked at his work.

 

Personnage, Chien, Oiseaux ,Gouache and watercolor on paper.

A lot of biomorphic contour is applied in his pieces, instead of using shading or texture, Miro fill out the negative space with different color, which makes the elements look more isolated and diffused. 

Joan Miró

Dutch Interior II Intérieur hollandais )1946

This is one of the my favourite pieces from earlier time by Joan Miro, in which multitude of color movement  is going on. This illusionary surrealistic background brings out and appropriately emphasizes the lines. It is a       conspicuous difference that looks like he simplified his complex line structure and involved more sense of     space in.      

Joan Miro                                                               

The Tilled Field La terre labourée )    1923-1924                                                                                   



No comments:

Post a Comment